Monday, August 06, 2012

Jack Kirby's Fourth World Problems


The Forever People and Mister Miracle and The New Gods and Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen collectively came to be known as Jack Kirby's Fourth World back in the 1970s when Mr. Kirby was at their helm. Those series are some of my all-time favorites in the vast history of comic books; I told you back here that The Forever People #1 gets full credit for me developing into an insatiable fan of the artform and over here you can read more about the re-drawing of the cover of that comic that I commissioned from the inimitable Fred Hembeck

Starting a few days ago, the guys and gals on twitter decided to have a little fun. Somebody started a twitter-feed based on the hashtag #FourthWorldProblems and tweeters are writing  jokes based on these Jack Kirby creations!

A few people are not in the loop and don't get what's it's all about, but some of the other posts are on-target and quite funny. To give you a sample, here are a few of the tweets that I am fond of:

  • You think you've met a nice gal and it turns out she's a member of the Female Furies.
  • My Mother Box keeps nagging me to clean my room before I can vanquish the parademons.
  • Finding gloves with square fingertips is hard.
  • My kid failed math because he couldn't solve the Anti-Life Equation.

Even if you haven't signed up for twitter yet you should be able to view the entire twitter-feed when you click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home