Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Anxiously Awaiting Jack Kirby's New Gods!


Back here I told you that IDW announced that they will be publishing an Artist's Edition of five issues of Jack Kirby's New Gods, shot directly from the original artwork. Publication is imminent now and I am giddy with anticipation!

Back in the fall I pre-ordered the book from IDW because I definitely want to be the first on my block to own it. Well, guess what. As a pre-ordering customer I am privy to information that I have seen reported nowhere else! But of course I'll tell you what I know.

Over the weekend I received an email from IDW saying that the New Gods edition has been enhanced from 144 to 176 pages (including one or more double-foldout spreads like the ones shown below) and that the retail price of the tome has consequently been increased by 20% (but that my pre-order has guaranteed me a copy at the original price, hoo hah).

I know I will have more to say when this book comes in the mail.

Can. Not. Wait.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home