Tuesday, December 06, 2022

I Dreamed I Was Buying Comics

 
I dreamed recently that I went to a convenience store to buy some new comics off their rack. (Mind you, at this point it's been about 40 years since I bought a comic book at a convenience store.) This particular convenience store did not have any "rack" of comics though. Instead they kept their comics in neat piles behind the counter and the manager invited me back there to look through the piles. Most of them didn't interest me but, off to the side, there was a pile of exactly four comics. They were four copies of a single comic that was a nice squarebound new issue of (of all things) Our Fighting Forces.

Now these OFF comics were just beautiful specimens. Did they feature new or reprint stories? That I don't know, but the covers were cardstock and the interior pages were a toothy white Baxter stock (not Mando!). I hadn't heard that such a comic was going to be published, but I couldn't pass it up. I decided to buy two copies, one to keep for myself and one to sell on eBay. Hmmmm, I thought, maybe I should buy all four! But no, I stuck with just the two copies. I passed my two copies of the comic to the manager and I told him I would like to buy them. He did not like the sound of that! He was no longer the nice-guy type that he had been a few minutes earlier. He had turned dour and suspicious, like I was trying to pull a fast one on him. If you want to buy two of the same comic then maybe I should sell you none of them, he said to me. At that moment, my dream ended



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home