Friday, April 30, 2021

Jimmy Olsen is Animated Again!

 


 They were lost but they are found!

 

Jimmy Olsen #143 was published by DC Comics in 1971. The issue was written and pencilled by Jack Kirby, inked by Vince Colletta, heads redrawn by Murphy Anderson, and was lettered by John Costanza.


I have owned the original artwork to page 5 of that issue since the mid-eighties. Proudly have I owned it! It is the only splash page in my collection of Kirby artwork. But about ten years ago, it got even better.

 

At my request and through the magic of Photoshop, the artwork was transformed into an animated gif by Jeanette! The process is performed on a digital image so the page of original artwork is unharmed in every way, but it's as if the page has come to life! So much fun!

 

There are two versions of the gif, both shown here. They were lost for the last few years but I'm glad to report that they turned up again last week. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home