Friday, September 25, 2015

Collecting the Superman Logo


Natalie Lips was a recent multi-day winner on Jeopardy and during her interview with Alex Trebek she revealed that she collects anything with the Superman logo on it.

Natalie was very personable and I was sorry to see her winning streak end after just a handful of games. But what's up with her and the Superman logo?

A large percentage of the Jeopardy contestants say they they are collectors of something or other
(and I remember one person saying that he or she collected any and all replicas of the Eiffel Tower).

I feel that the richest things to collect are content-oriented (like comics or musical recordings) as opposed to white-elephant tchotchkes (like Eiffel Towers or Alfred E. Neuman-as-Superman action figures).

But wait a second. It's coming back to me now that when I was in eighth grade I had a sweet collection of beautiful polished rocks. I think I remember I even had a rock polishing machine and polished some of them up myself.  I'm going to try to find the little box filled with that polished rock collection of mine from long ago...                                                                                                                      



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home