Monday, July 23, 2012

Mama Wolf and Girl Cub

 Yesterday I was motoring along Hayfamzone Boulevard when I noticed up ahead, in the crosswalk, a lady walking across the street. She was pulling behind her a small cart like the one I show in the photo above. All well and good, no worries so far. As I came right up to the intersection and that lady was stepping up onto the sidewalk because she had just finished crossing the street, I glanced over and saw something I hadn't noticed from farther back.

A little girl four or five years old was in that cart! She was getting a comfy ride from her mom and just her little head was visible above the top edge of that cart.The girl was looking directly at me when my eyes caught a glimpse of her. Well, this struck me as funny and I gave out such a laugh! The girl smiled and I laughed some more as I turned the corner away from those two and we all lived happily ever after.

Later in the day it occurred to me how this event tied in with comics. (I always try to tie things in with comic books, like I told you way back here.) Lone Wolf and Cub was the story of a masterless samurai who had adventures as he wandered the countryside with his infant son accompanying him in a pushcart. It's been out of print for a while now and some hayfamzonders may never have heard of it. I am not the biggest big fan of manga but Lone Wolf and Cub by writer Kazuo Koike and artist Goseki Kojima is a masterpiece that all comics fans should investigate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home