Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Drawing Robert Kanigher

 

Did you ever before see the above drawing of Robert Kanigher? I believe I never saw it before last week, yet it was drawn by Joe Kubert way back in 1983.

In an interesting coincidence, I also drew Mr. Kanigher that same year! The below drawing with Mr. K in the rocket ship was first published in the Comics Buyer's Guide #497 back when I was regularly drawing commentary cartoons for that newszine/adzine. I sent a xerox copy of my drawing to Mr. Kanigher in care of DC Comics and he got such a kick out of it that he published the artwork on the letters page of Sgt. Rock #397 in 1984! Please do investigate this Grand Comics Database entry that mentions my inclusion in that comic book, right over here!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home