Thursday, May 19, 2016

The New DC Comics Retro Bullet

Above is the new DC Comics logo that will begin its tenure with this summer's Rebirth titles. (Allegedly; Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman elements are contained above, but the only one I see is the top of a Superman "S" in the top portion of the C.) I prefer this one to the last two logos that have been used so this will be my favorite DC "bullet" in 11 years, although it does strike me as a child's re-drawing of DC's mid-1970s design:


Many online comments indicate disappointment that the page-turning/peeling logo is being retired (which startles me since I found that one horrendous), but my all-time favorite remains the Milton Glaser bold-yet-elegant design that ruled from 1976 until 2005:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home