Thursday, July 10, 2014

Neal Adams, Superman, and Jack Kirby's New Gods


I first introduced you to British Member of Parliament Simon Kirby back here, and when I saw the dapper gentleman on c-span last week I couldn't help noticing that he is now sporting a Superman spit-curl! This fortuitous coiffure leads directly into something I want to report today about Jack Kirby and Superman.


It was announced a few days ago that Neal Adams will be drawing an upcoming Superman miniseries in which a number of heroes and villains known to inhabit Jack Kirby's Fourth World will be introduced into DC Comics' New 52 world. That's just fine with me! I'm happy to consume any Kirby-related comic books.

Now for some scrumptious icing on this already-delicious cake, let's view one of the handful of covers where Superman was penciled by Jack Kirby and inked by Neal Adams:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home