Sunday, October 20, 2013

Simon Kirby


 
I was just watching Prime Minister's Questions on c-span and guess who I saw? That's right! Simon Kirby.

The gentleman is a Member of U.K. Parliament representing Brighton, Kemptown, and Peacehaven. I suppose it's possible his parents named him in honor of Joe Simon and Jack Kirby but chances are that they probably did not.


Joe Simon and Jack Kirby in the 1940s

UPDATE! I always tweet out when I post a new article (you'll be the first on your block to know if you follow @hayfamzone) and I got quite a charge out of receiving a reply to the above blog post from Mr. Simon Kirby himself! It seems the right honorable gentleman does have a passing knowledge of the comic book world's Simon and Kirby:


Simon Kirby MP @SimonKirbyMP
@hayfamzone Perhaps I should be Blue Bolt?
 

1 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Getting ready for 2015 said...

To learn more about this esteemed gentleman! check out www.gettingreadyfor2015.wordpress.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home