Saturday, September 03, 2022

This Kanjar Ro is New to Me!

 

 

I thought I had seen every comics cover that Neal Adams ever drew. But no! Yesterday I laid eyes on the above artwork for the first time in my life.

At first I wasn't even sure it was by Adams. Yes, my first thought was Adams, and there was no doubt that the inks were by Dick Giordano, but the Batman torso and the Superman face could just as easily have been the work of Irv Novick.

The Grand Comics Database entry originally credited the pencils to Carmine Infantino and the inks to Neal Adams, but the editorial records of Julius Schwartz set the record straight that the artwork was the collaboration of Infantino (layouts) and Adams (pencils) and Giordano (inks).

Probably this cover will not be barging its way into even my Top 100 Favorite Neal Adams covers, but still it was an amazing revelation to stumble across it for the first time yesterday. Here is a larger look.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home