Monday, July 11, 2022

David Mandel Speaks Original Artwork


 The above 1972 masterpiece was recently honored as the third-best Neal Adams-drawn Superman cover of all time (although I personally would be  in favor of bumping it up a couple notches higher in that listing). 

I've mentioned before that I owned the original artwork to that cover for a few decades, and it was the crown jewel of my collection. By my count (and I believe I am correct), it is one of just three pages pencilled by Mr. Adams and inked by Murphy Anderson.

When I decided to share that page with the world back in 2006, Mr. David Mandel was the art collector who took on the mantle of its protector. 

David is a very public figure and you have almost certainly watched something that he has written. His resume includes episodes of Seinfeld and Veep as well as the film Eurotrip

David has amassed a world-class comic art collection, and he would like to tell you about and show you some of the pieces. I enjoyed watching the below recent 3-hour interview with him. Maybe you would like it too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home