Friday, October 26, 2012

Basil Wolverton's Spacehawk


I've been a fan of Basil Wolverton's artwork since the first time I saw 1973's Plop! #1. His Spacehawk stories from decades earlier have been reprinted a number of times and Fantagraphics is the latest to take a swing at it; their new book is in full color and features nicely oversized pages.

Over here at the Fantagraphics website you can view a 26-page preview AND you can watch a video of an interested reader thumbing through the edition. I already own the stories from an earlier reprinting effort but this new book looks so nice that I may just wind up getting it.

(By the way, back in 1973 DC Comics mysteriously promoted its upcoming Plop! series by running house-ad blurbs that read "DC goes Plop in 1973." Ridiculous as it may sound, my youthful spirit was worried that DC was bragging that they were going out of business. Don't tell me I'm the only one who though that.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home