Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Jack Kirby's Superman


In the early issues of Jack Kirby's Fourth World titles, all the Superman faces were re-drawn to make sure they were "on-model." The second frame above shows the published version of this comics page panel, with obvious input from Murphy Anderson. (Mr. Anderson also is responsible for the Superman and Jimmy faces on the Jimmy Olsen splash page in my art collection.)

I have found a website where other artists try their hand at re-inking some Kirby images, over here. (If you click on the 'comments,' one is from an artist who mentions what happened when Dick Giordano looked at a Superman drawing in his portfolio. I've never mentioned yet what happened when Dick Giordano looked at my portfolio, but I will sometime!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home