Thursday, May 17, 2012

Rob Imes' Comic Filing System

Last month I gave you a glimpse into the high-tech manner in which I catalogued my comic collection back in the 1970s. Just kidding about the high-tech bit! The fact is that tech doesn't get much lower than listing things on index cards, but it worked pretty well for me so please don't think that I'm complaining. I wouldn't get my first computer until a decade after I wrote those comic cards.

How about you youngsters who were raised with computers, though?

Recently I happened to see a little article posted by Rob Imes in which he exhibited the catalog of his comic collection. The list struck me as a thing of beauty and I asked him if I could share it. Yes was the answer, and you can view Rob's list over here (it is a PDF file that your computer will open for you).

(Rob Imes, by the way, is the editor and publisher of the fine fanzine entitled Ditkomania, about which you can read more back here and here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home