Saturday, March 09, 2019

DC Primal Age at Target


DC Primal Age is an all-new 100-page squarebound comic that is available only at Target retail stores. I like the comic but I do not like the limited availability.

I go to my Local Comic Book Store (Atlas Comics!) every week and that's where I  buy my comics. That's where I like to buy my comics. I do not want to have to run around to a bunch of different stores to round up my various comics purchases. The above Target comic is a one-shot but, even worse, the half-dozen or so DC Giants sold exclusively at Wal-Mart stores are ongoing series. (I went to Wal-Mart last summer the week that the first of their DC exclusives was released, and it was already sold out; that soured me so much on the milieu that I have not been back to Wal-Mart and I have purchased none of those DC/Wal-Mart comics even though they contain some non-reprint material.)

Target's DC Primal Age is all new with artwork by Jerry Ordway and Phil Winslade and Keith Pollard. And how about Batman by Brent Anderson? What a nice treat to see work by those gentlemen whose artwork doesn't show up in comics these days nearly as frequently as I would like! The coloring through the entire comic is far darker and somber-hued than I would prefer, but I did appreciate the artwork. And, though I enjoyed the issue, I hope I will not have to run to Target to buy any more comics in the future.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home