Thursday, July 21, 2016

Alan Moore's Very Nice Reply


Have you ever sent a letter to a comics creator? I have and so has Joshua.

A couple of years back a well-read nine-year-old named Joshua wrote Alan Moore to say that he felt Mr. Moore's Swamp Thing and Watchmen and other comics stories proved him to be "the best author in human history." Joshua's letter and Alan Moore's wonderfully warm reply were both published online yesterday. Is it possible that those letters have been viewed one million times in the first 24 hours of their posting? Not sure about that but it is a fact that Alan Moore's daughter wrote in today with word of her dad's reaction. I think you'll enjoy reading all of these nice things, over here.

And me? It's been a few decades but, back in the 1970s, I wrote to some of my favorite artists. Maybe you're ready to see again the replies I received from Walter Simonson and Curt Swan and Kurt Schaffenberger. Oh, and one publisher: William M. Gaines.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home