Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Don and Maggie Thompson Collection


Heritage Auctions often has offerings of interest to collectors of comics and original art. I told you back here when I was the winning bidder on a Frank Robbins Batman page a couple of years back. I haven't received any email auction notices lately though so I decided to see what was up over on the Heritage website.

A banner at the top of their page announced the auctioning of the Don and Maggie Thompson Collection of comics. How about that! Don and Maggie were the first to print any of my artwork (like the above Nova drawing that appeared as a spot illustration in their Beautiful Balloons column in The Buyer's Guide for Comic Fandom in 1978) and I am forever grateful!

I encourage everyone to investigate the Don and Maggie Collection over here.


1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Maggie Thompson said...

Hey, thanks, Brian! Much appreciated!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home