Sunday, July 21, 2013

Walter Simonson's Followers


My favorite Walt Simonson artwork was what he drew for Manhunter and Hercules Unbound and The Metal Men and The Rampaging Hulk. You might say I'm (gulp) stuck in the 70s!

I look all around when I'm on the internet to see what I can see and I came across something I found very interesting. On twitter Mr. Simonson has over 9000 followers but he follows exactly 12.

I was curious to find the identities of those 12. It turns out they include Jim Steranko, Phil Jimenez, Mike Mignola, Bryan Hitch, Dave Gibbons, Cully Hamner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Scott Dunbier, Kurt Busiek, and a couple of folks I don't know. Like I said, I found this interesting.

Maybe you would find it interesting to read again the postcard that Mr. Simonson wrote to me back in 1980, which you can do right over here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home