Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Jack Kirby and Steve Rude


Last week I showed you my drawing of Virman Vundabar. Now I'm ready to show you my Jack Kirby drawing of the same character. The image above appeared in 1987's Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #25. You can see a larger version over here.

The artwork is by Jack Kirby and Steve Rude, but I can't say it's a "Jack Kirby original" because Mr. K never had in his hands this art board that I own. Rather, Mr. Kirby did his penciling on a different board and then Steve Rude inked it onto his own board using a lightbox. It's entirely possible that the Jack Kirby original artwork to this day exists in pencil form and is in the hands of another collector.

I will still say, though, that this is "my Jack Kirby and Steve Rude drawing of Virman Vundabar." So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home