Thursday, July 25, 2024

Jack Kirby's Ben Grimm Painted by Dr. Gonzo

Last week I was out on a bike ride in my neighborhood and I stopped in at a garage sale.

There were a couple of boxes with old comics for sale and (this you won't find as often at a garage sale) also there were a dozen hand-painted comic character portraits for sale! My eyes immediately gravitated toward the painting of The Thing shown here, which I definitely purchased. It's great right?! And large: about 2 feet by 2 feet.

The proprietor of the garage sale and the painter of the portraits goes by Dr. Gonzo, and he told me that he uses paint that will glow nicely under a black light! When I get myself a black light I might just post the glowing view of this artwork for comparison's sake.

You can follow the artist on instagram where he is dr_gonzo_85






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home