Tuesday, February 20, 2024

An Alex Ross Bargain

There was a heyday for Alex Ross painted covers on comics but, for me, that day has passed. Recently Mr. Ross has been painting a couple of covers per month for Marvel Comics but they have been striking me as drab and monochromatic and not particularly heroic-looking. 

The painting shown here is more like what I hope to see in an Alex Ross painting: bright colors and contrast and heroism!

This particular painting is currently for sale and, to my way of thinking, the asking price is far less than I would expect to pay for an Alex Ross original!

One gent I showed it to opined that there was not a whole lot of artwork in the piece, but still I like it!

I won't be purchasing the painting, however, so feel free to check over here whether it is still available.

 


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home