Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Three Covers! Three Surprises!

 

The cover to 1972's Batman #241 has entranced me since I first saw it on the newsstand comic rack all those decades ago. Great Neal Adams cover, right? But do you realize that the inking is by Bernie Wrightson? I never knew that until last week! POW!


Since I first saw the cover to 1941's Green Lantern #1 about 50 years ago I have always thought it was drawn by G.L.'s regular Golden Age artist, Mart Nodell. But no! The honors were done by Howard Purcell! ZAP!


The cover to 1973's Uncanny Tales #1 has been credited to Gil Kane and Tom Palmer, but doesn't the clumsy posture of the brown-suited character seem more like a Ross Andru layout than a graceful Gil Kane design? This is something John Stangeland of Atlas Comics and I are wondering about and feel free to write in with a comment if you'd like to weight in on this minor controversy.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home