Saturday, December 12, 2020

You Can Color The Brain



Do you know The Brain? No I don't mean the one from Pinky and the Brain, and I don't mean The Brain who was a member of The Brotherhood of Evil and fought The Doom Patrol. No, the Brain I speak of is Benjamin Bang, shown above.

The Brain was a seven issue series from Magazine Enterprises between 1956 and 1958. I have never owned an issue but it sure looks like fun!

In at least a couple of the issues there was a coloring contest where readers were encouraged to add hues to a black-and-white poster of The Brain printed in the issue and send their handiwork in to the publisher for recognition in a subsequent issue. I came across the below original artwork to one of those coloring pages and, as you can tell from the roster lettered at the bottom of the page, quite a few fans participated in the contest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home