Friday, April 12, 2019

My Letter Column Title


This collage of letter column headings from past decades caught my eye on twitter this week; of course the ones shown above are merely the tip of a very large iceberg! (I do not remember if I knew that "Written to the Corps" for a Green Lantern title's letters page was a take-off on "Rotten to the Core" but I hope I did!)

Way back at the dawn of The Hayfamzone Blog (thirteen years ago now!) I informed you that my suggestion for a letters page heading was chosen when Jonah Hex was awarded his own title in 1977. Since J.H.ex was a western comic I thought "Via Pony Express" was right on the money and the editor agreed! I wrote all this in the Blog thirteen years ago but I never showed you what the heading looked like because the Hfz displayed only text and no images for its first year. Now it can be shown, voila! The designer did a very nice job including the horse and rider in silhouette,  I would say. Bravo! Hooray for Jonah Hex!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home