Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Hayfamzone Filing System

Back when I was VERY actively collecting comics in the 1970s and 1980s, I organized my acquisitions on index cards. There was a separate index card for 100 consecutive issues every title I collected. Of course you want to avoid buying a duplicate of something you already own, and the index cards were very useful in this regard. I had about 50 index cards that lived comfortably together inside one baggie.

Those cards have been missing for years.

Above I exhibit for your interest the one index card that I did not lose touch with. I combined all of the various Romance titles on one card since I never intended to get a full run of any of those series (but I still wanted to avoid duplication).

The Romance card is misleading because of its fairly jumbled nature. When I eventually do find the rest of my comic cards (and why wouldn't I?), I'll show you one so you can see that I had a pretty nice system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home