Sunday, April 22, 2007

Cancelled Kamandi Cavalcade

I have stumbled across something of great interest while puttering around the old internet, and it is my pleasure to share it with you.

Cancelled Comics Calvalcade was a two-issue EXTREMELY limited-print-run comic published by DC Comics in 1978. They had just suffered an implosion by cancelling a large percentage of their monthly titles, and for copyright-protection reasons they wanted to get into print the already-prepared issues of many of the cancelled titles. For more details about the DC Implosion, just click here or here.

Well, listen to this. Nestled inside the 23rd posted response to a Newsarama article this past week was a link to a site which has made available for online viewing the Kamandi stories that were intended for issues 60 and 61 of that Jack Kirby-created title. Yes, I know Kirby had left the title about twenty issues before that but, still, here are two comics stories you may never have read before. I know I hadn't! Just click here and you'll find the links to the two stories if you scroll down a little bit.

If you are aware of similar websites where other Cancelled Comics Cavalcade stories can be viewed, please let me know and I will share the information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home